History of Hotel Het Rechthuis
Hotel Het Rechthuis at the entry of the village of Muiderberg was used in the 18th century as a cantonal court, the main courthouse was situated in Naarden, the capital city of the region at that time. In the cellar you still can find some reminders of that time.
The building has been built in the 17th century as a manorial estate of a rich family from Amsterdam. In the 19th century it got decorated with wooden neoclassical elements which still give the building its typical looks.
Between 1881 and 1924 the wing with the wooden veranda was used as a waiting room for the steam train that connected Amsterdam to the Gooi region. A replica of the locomotive is placed in front of the hotel.
Recently the whole building has been renovated and redecorated and the comfort of today is well combined with the atmosphere of the old days.
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.
Geen toekomstige events